Terms and Conditions
By accepting a student on a course at Leeds English Language School the School agrees to the following terms and conditions.
- The School will maintain quality and standards necessary to retain British Council accreditation.
- The School agrees to make every effort to provide homestay accommodation for full time students who request it. Homestay procedures must be followed.
- The School will provide help with opening bank accounts, police registration and obtaining a student card.
- The School will provide a student welfare officer to help with any problems concerning students outside of the school. Every effort will be made to help students with any external problems.
- The School will provide all books, materials and internal tests for the particular course.
- The School will not exceed 14 students per class.
- The School will only employ suitably qualified and experienced teachers.
- The School will mark and return homework, set tests and provide feedback.
- I understand that the School reserves the right to cancel a course, without notice, and will provide a full refund for the remainder of the course duration minus any administration fees.
- The School will provide self study room and facilities dependent on availability. Students on Full time courses will have priority.
- The School will provide written reports and tutorials at regular stages throughout the course.
- Students may start on a course on any Monday with the exception of the IELTS courses where they must start within 2 weeks of the course start date.
- Applications are accepted via post, email, the school website or in person. All students must complete an application form, which includes a medical form and a writing test where appropriate.
- The school may refuse to accept a student if we feel that we cannot meet the needs of the student on medical grounds (see Students with special educational needs, learning difficulties and disabilities Procedure)
- The school may refuse to accept a student based on the academic needs of the student if we feel we cannot meet those needs. For example the student is an absolute beginner or the level is higher than the current levels of classes running in the school.
- Information regarding nationality and visa status is required from the student.
- The school may refuse to accept a student, without reservation, if there is a suspicion that there is any risk that the student will not comply with the requirements of their visa status or pose a risk to the integrity of the UK Border in line with our HTS procedures.
- The school may refuse an application,without reservation, if there is a suspicion that documents presented to support a visa application are not bonafide.
- Students under 18 must also provide a parental consent form and follow the school’s under-18 procedures. We only accept students over the age of 16.
- The school may refuse to accept a student under the age of 18 if we feel we cannot meet the welfare needs of that student.
- The School reserves the right not to accept students onto any part of a course if their level of English is not sufficient. Students may be asked to repeat a level or will be helped to find alternative schooling.
By accepting a place at Leeds English Language School students agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Full tuition fees or a deposit may be required for some courses.
- The Student agrees to pay for remainder of the course within 2 weeks of the start date.
- Students who are sponsored must provide a financial guarantee within 2 weeks of the start of the course.
- Students, parents/guardians and agents must complete the medical form on application and disclose any medical issues or learning difficulties regarding the student
- Students who are asked to leave or leave by mutual consent in the first two weeks will be given a refund minus administration costs.
- Students who decide to leave in the first two weeks without the consent of the school will incur a cost of 50% of the course cost.
- By paying the fees the student agrees to study for the whole period. There is a no refunds policy.
- Students who are sponsored agree to study for the duration of their guarantee or for the period stated on the offer letter.
- Students agree to abide by the schools student leaving policy
- Students must ask for any time off (1 week +) from class 2 weeks in advance. We will extend your course only when 2 weeks notice is given. Refunds are not given for time off. Holiday requests must be pre-booked or refunds will not be given.
- Students agree to the use of any photographs and/or video recordings in the marketing materials for the school.
- Students agree to study in all their lessons at all times outlined in the timetable. Students should not leave the class during lessons or disrupt the teaching of the class for any reason.
- Students who are continually late without good reason will be given a warning letter. After two warning letters, the school will ask you to leave with NO refund and Tier 4 students will be reported to the UK Border Agency
- Students must switch off their mobile phones in class.
- We expect students to work with the teaching style of the school. This means working with students of different genders and nationalities.
- If the Student does not maintain good attendance we have to tell the Home Office/ UKBA.
- Students on full time courses who do not maintain 85% attendance will receive a warning letter which will be sent to their Agent and sponsor. If this continues for one month the School may ask them to leave the course with NO refund. Immigration officials will be informed if necessary. Students must refer to our abasence policy
- Students understand they may have to take and pay for extra classes to achieve the level required.
- The school will not be responsible for any issues that may arise through lack of appropriate insurance cover. The school strongly recommend that insurance is taken out before travel and study.
- Students who are involved in Police action, continually break the rules(terms and conditions) of the School or are continually disruptive in class will receive a warning letter which will be sent to their Agent and sponsor. If this continues the School may ask them to leave the course with NO refund.
- Students should also refer to the school rules and attendance and discipline sections of the welfare pages of this website.
- All students applying to study at Leeds English Language School agree to the disclosure of their data to appropriate bodies such as the UK Border Ageny, British Council and other Inspection bodies as required by the Date Protection Act.