Our General English Course is a part-time course ideal for those who have work or family commitments.
The course quickly improves your English reading, writing, speaking and listening. It will also help to improve your English vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation. All courses happen in the morning and classes run from 09:00 to 12:15 including a 15 minute break. The maximum class size is 14 students and you must be 16 or over to join a class.
Our 15 hour General English Course is ideal for those who have work or family commitments. It is also suited to independent, highly-motivated learners who prefer to have more time for personal study and revision. However, experience has shown that most students who want to go to university, for example, and need to reach a particular IELTS grade, are more likely to succeed if they take the more intensive 21 hour course leading up to the IELTS course.
Please note that every IELTS course runs for nine weeks and for 21 hours per week.
- Expand your active vocabulary - giving you the key words and phrases you need to talk about a variety of topics covered in your course;
- Revise and extend the grammar points and to extend your knowledge of grammatical points covered in your course;
- Give speaking and writing practice of the grammar points covered in your course;
- Develop your confidence and ability in speaking skills – focusing at different times on fluency and accuracy;
- Help to improve all aspects of your pronunciation (stress, intonation, phonemes and connected speech);
- Improve your reading skills – both for gist, specific detail and pleasure;
- Evolve your listening skills – both for general and specific information;
- Increase your general writing skills – focusing on sentence, paragraph and overall structure;
- Give you the opportunity to learn more about the places to be visited on school trips;
- Test regularly;
- Provide an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and regular reports and tutorials; to help you complete the course successfully.
Courses start at the beginning of every term but you can join a class every MONDAY.
View accommodation information >>
This course is not available to students who are studying on a Tier 4 Visa
Students are tested before being accepted onto a course. When you arrive at the school, we will give you a test before you can start:
- Writing Test (30 minutes)
- Grammar Test (30 Minutes)
- Listening and Speaking Test (10 mins)
You will then join a class at your correct level. Class levels are:
Click the titles to download more information about each level.
We have a selection of two hours per week courses which will upgrade your English skills to suit your personal requirements. These are optional and can be taken alongside ANY of our English courses.
For just £69 per week you can choose from three different upgrades. Each upgrade course will last a minimum of four weeks, but you can choose to study your upgrade for as many weeks as you like after that.
If you are interested, please call us on 0113 2751964, or email us email@example.com